Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bishop, the Bristlecone Pine area and the Mohave









4 August 2010

The morning in Lee Vining seemed like any of the previous mornings before entering YNP. The streets were quiet and only a few locals were out walking dogs. I was in no hurry to go anywhere, though, and didn't arrive in Bishop until mid-morning.

Bishop now has fond memories for me and for that reason I stayed in town a few hours, finding a corner table at the Looney Bean Cafe where I sipped a delicious cappuccino and worked on my trip notes with the internet. (Little did I know that this cappuccino got me on a cappuccino addiction once I got back to Arizona; I bought a Capresso machine and have been making a cup every morning, complete with French vanilla syrup) The cafe had a constant stream of customers. I stayed for as long as I could before by noon every table was occupied and I decided to check out the Bristlecone pines east of town in the arid White Mountains. Mary had spoken so passionately about this area and it would have been negligent of me not to explore this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment